Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pit Bulls

Somehow a couple days ago I ended up doing a search on "pit bulls". Now, I have been a pittie lover and supporter for a long time, since I used to house sit for a friend years ago and he had a male, "Odie". Odie unfortunately was un neutered and had spent time on a chain, so while excellent with people, he had issues with other dogs. Despite this though, this dog was my best friend, he was so cuddly, and sweet. He definately helped show that pitties temperments are established by their owners, not their breed.
It is proven time and time again in statistics studies that Pit Bulls are NOT the most likely to bite! According to This Site , the breeds most reported to have bitten people are German Shepherds, Cocker Spaniels, Rottweilers, and Golden Retrievers, in that order! So why are pit bulls getting the bad rap? Because they are used for "for profit" fighting? A poodle would get vicious with that kind of abuse!
I was totally disgusted to find out that Fort Nelson has Breed Specific Legislatoin on Pit Bulls. I travel to Fort Nelson every other day and was suprised to learn this.
On top of all this, I own a Pit Bull/Lab cross and fully intend to own a purebred pittie someday. My dog has no idea he has 'bad blood' in him. I'd trust him with children, babies, dogs and cats. His best friend is a cat!
This video makes me cry like a baby. Lots of love to all my pittie friends!

No comments: