Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Truck Got Stuck

Corb Lund Bands song comes to mind when I think of my day on Sunday. Innocently enough I headed over to the bone yard to retrieve an empty trailer so I could leave for Fort Nelson. The yard looked ok, lots of tracks from trucks turning around. So I head on in, get about 3/4 of my U-turn done to line up with my trailer when suddenly, truck won't turn anymore, won't stop, and just takes off into the untouched snow. Oh yay... an hour and a half later, my truck is moving. This is of course after much sweat, a lot of yelling, and having to walk to the shop to get my car and another set of chains.
The truck was free and clear rolling no problem, until I moved it 2 feet to get a chain out from under a tire, I hung the triples back on the rack and put the singles back in the car, hop back in the truck to hook up, guess what! stuck again! On flat ground with ONE wheel in about 2 inches of snow.
Lesson learned: do not take a truck with no lockers into the bone yard until summer!
What I could have done to prevented all this: backed in off the road. doh
Sure didn't look like it should have been that stuck....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Finally got down the road and found this just after washout hill (just past the Liard Hot Springs).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Something else worth looking at regarding the Pit Bull plight, www.sorryagain.com

Time to hit the highway again.

No comments: